The Transfrontier Rafting adventure is the perfect outdoor adventure suitable for the whole family. Experience the Richtersveld and Ais Ais Transfrontier Park on a guided river rafting adventure. This adventure is on the edge of the ultimate desert experience.
Rapids are graded from level 1-4 depending on the water levels of the Orange River. Join our experienced rafting team on an unforgettable outdoor river rafting adventure. Our transfrontier rafting adventure is one of a kind and the only trip paddling through the park. Escape into the wild and camp along the river banks of the Orange River.
“Wild bush camping, star gazing and open pen fires, Richtersveld desert “
- Arrive at Base Norotshama River Lodge at 17h00 pm on day 1.
- We will meet and greet all our paddlers and direct the group to our campsite.
- We will discuss the Richtersveld transfrontier rafting trail around the fire and give our final briefing.
- Dinner will be freshly prepared on an open fire this evening.
- (See directional map of Norotshama) www.norotshamaresort.com
- Please book your camp site, accommodation on day 5 of the river trail in advance.
- Day 5 the evening accommodation and meals will be at your own expense.
Transfrontier Rafting Itinerary
|Day 1||Base Camp||D|
|Day 2,3,4,5||Orange River||B.L.D|
|Day 6||Orange River – Base Camp||B.L.|
B – breakfast, L – lunch, D-dinner
Time Frame: 4 nights and a half day on the river
NB – Valid Passport Compulsory for Non Namibian Citizens.
Distance: 80 – 110 km (depending on the water levels)
Tour Starts: 8:00 / 8:30 am on morning of day 2 on route plan
Equipment: 2 man inflatable rafts, paddles, flotation devices, cooler box for drinks, dry bags for personals
Starts: Norotshama for Namibians & The Growcery Camp for South Africans
Ends: Norotshama Back at Norotshama after a 3hour transit drive from our finishing point.
Please enquire about group discounts.
- Do I need any experience to join this trip? – No experience are needed.
- What are the youngest realistic ages for these trips? – We suggest from 5 years and older.
- Is there malaria in this region? – This is a malaria free zone.
- How far is this trip? – Anything between 45km – 120km, depending on the water levels.
- When is the high water season? – Dec – April.
- When is the low water season? – May – Nov.
- How big are the groups? – 12 – 24 people per group.
- Can I book a private trip? – Yes, you can, permitting it is a group of 24 in peak season and 12 in off season.
- What is a scheduled Departure?– These are confirmed departures with open groups and anyone can join.
- What must I pack? – You will receive a packing list with every reservation.
- Is there safe parking? – We offer safe and secure parking at The Growcery Camp.
- What about a medical kit? We suggest that you bring your own personal kit.
- What about special dietary requirements? We cater for vegetarians and vegans.
- If you are on a special diet, we suggest that you bring the needed ingredients and our guides will assist in the preparations.